Can you believe how fast time has flown? It’s now the second week of January!
Since it’s a New Year, why not start by making some goals. They don’t have to be over the top or difficult to achieve. We all know that a lot of the resolutions we make during each new year will just end up being forgotten about.
So I came up with this short, simple, sweet and exciting lists of things that we can all do for this year. I’m not gonna call it resolutions, it’ll just end up scaring some people.
You don’t have to do everything on the list. This is just some ideas to make your 2017 even more exciting and adventurous.
So here we go…….
17 things you can do in 2017:
- learn a new language. I’ve always wanted to learn another language. French is just so sexy. Don’t you think?
- Get a pet. They make the best companions. There are so many loving dogs and cats that you can rescue from your local pet shelter. They are a huge responsibility, but the love and joy you get from a pet is just unconditional.
- Have a picnic with a group of friends. Just relax with a book and a glass of wine. Share of platter of cheese and crackers with your group and just enjoy the moment. Even better, when you end the picnic with an awesome sunset. Heavenly.
- Explore local sights. You’ll be surprised by the hidden treasures you’ll find.
- Dress up your pets in cute costumes. You’ll thank me for it later.
- Suntan on the beach. Some Vitamins “Sea” and D is all you’ll need. Don’t forget your sunscreen.
- Watch a movie alone. People are so afraid of doing things by themselves, without being judged.’Poor girl, she’s eating by herself’ or ‘poor girl, she’s watching a movie without a date or any friends’. But, me time is so important. Remember, ‘Me, Myself and I’. Sometimes, what you really need is some alone time, away from the crowd.
- Join a sport.
- Give back to the poor. Help out at the old folks’ home.
- Volunteer at a shelter.
- Go for a backpacking trip or road trip.
- Clear your wardrobe. Time to get rid of the outfits you’ve never even worn before.
- Make new friends.
- Ditch bad ones.
- Show your love and support to your loved ones.
- Most importantly, and lastly, LOVE YOURSELF.